Baume et Mercier will definitely continue their relationship with the addition of follow-up limited and specific variations in the future alongside sponsoring more motorcycle events and alternative sports. The Clifton Club watch is a great value proposition piece that may be the dual duty workhorse many people are looking for. Many of the races over this Wheels and Waves California event were “run what you brung,” so the only thing holding you back was you. No red tape, no real inspections, only racing at it’s purest, and that is where I feel that the Clifton Club actually stands out. The watch isn’t screaming “look at me and all of my pedigree and mechanical innovation and heritage and best of the and,” it is just a good looking and functioning watch.One of the first things I discovered on this trip was out of Fred Martel, President of Baume et Mercier, throughout our automobile ride from airport. The conversation well summarized the occasion. Baume isn’t trying to be an expert watchmaker or an competitive performance-driven brand that strives to beat the contest, but a brand that embraces life and its achievements all while appreciating the ride.Well constructed and created for the weekend warrior, costs for your Clifton Club start at $1,950 for the stainless steel version, up to $2,250 for its whistles and bells, rubber strapped DLC model. The Burt Munro Tribute Limited Edition can be obtained for pre-sale with a price tag of $3,750, restricted to 1967 pieces.
This month on aBlogtoWatch, we are proud to offer an elegant dress watch to one lucky winner. Entrants will vie to receive a Baume & Mercier Classima reference 10216 automatic timepiece that comes in a 40mm-wide steel case, matched to a handsome black alligator strap. This version of the Baume & Mercier Classima has an 18k red gold-plated bezel with matching toned hands and hour markers.
A hint of modern architectural poise frames this otherwise traditionally inspired dress watch with its simple, yet decorative dial made up of both Roman numeral and baton-style hour markers. Thin leaf-style hands add classic charm to the contemporary design. At 40mm wide, the case is 8.95mm thick and capped with a sapphire crystal.
Inside the watch, and visible through the sapphire crystal exhibition caseback window, is a base Swiss Sellita SW200 automatic mechanical movement which operates at 4Hz (28,800bph) with 38 hours of power reserve, offering the time-plus-date complications. Retail price for this handsome Baume & Mercier Classima 10216 is $3,400. Baume & Mercier invites you to sign up for their product newsletter here.
Enter for your chance to win it below.
To Enter You Must:
1. Comment on this post below (on aBlogtoWatch.com, not Facebook, or elsewhere you might see this article) before the giveaway is over with your valid e-mail address where required (if you’ve signed up for the commenting system before, your e-mail should already be in there). In the body of your comment, mention a time you recall when you needed a good dress watch and simply didn’t have anything appropriate to wear.
2. Be a pal. If possible, “like” or follow all or any of the following:
- Like aBlogtoWatch on Facebook
- “Circle” aBlogtoWatch on Google+
- Like Baume & Mercier on Facebook
Want aBlogtoWatch articles automatically sent to you via e-mail? Sign up here:
3. Wait until the giveaway is over on June 30, 2016, for the winner to be chosen at random. A couple of basic rules. You can only enter once. You must comment with a valid e-mail address where you can be reached. Your comment must be confirmed and approved. You must complete the objectives to be considered. You are responsible for providing your contact shipping information if you are chosen. Shipping restrictions to non-US entrants may apply based on sponsor’s policies. Giveaway watch selection based on sponsor’s inventory and watch availability. All comments made after the end of the giveaway period will not be considered. If you are chosen as a winner, you then have 24 hours to ensure receipt of your full shipping information or an alternative winner will be chosen. For the full terms and conditions, please click here.
Good luck, and thanks to Baume & Mercier, the sponsor of the Classima 10216 watch giveaway here at aBlogtoWatch!